Saturday, June 26, 2010

Donuts

Today I’m posting all kids fav donuts!!!!!!Whenever I have something from outside I’ll keep on thinking why can’t we make these at home……to avoid eating outside too.
What ever made at home is always healthy and good.First I thought donut was a baked item…….after searching for the recipe of donut only I came to know it’s a fried item…….anyway for kids its not so harm to give some fried items rarely……….there were some munchkins which I got while shaping the donuts……..I fried out the munchkins before the donuts are fried to check the heat of the oil……..while frying I was keeping on saying to my 3 musketeers please don’t finish it off I have to take some pics of it but before I started frying donuts itself it got over……..so I didn’t get any one pic of it……..it’s ok atleast I got the pics of donuts which I thought I’ll never get……now enjoy these donuts!!!!!!!!!




















Ingredients:

3c All purpose flour
¾ c Sugar
¼ tsp Salt
2tsp Dried instant yeast
1c Warm milk
1 Egg room temp
2tbsp Butter room temp
Oil for frying

For glazing:
½ c Icing sugar
1tbsp Cocoa powder
½ c Milk
¼ c Butter





















Method:

1.Warm the milk and sprinkle the yeast over the milk and keep aside for 5 mins.
2.In a large bowl put the mix the flour,sugar and salt.
3.Now add the milk mixture slowly to the flour and start kneading.
4.Add the slightly beaten egg and butter to the flour and mix well for 8 to 10 mins till smooth and elastic.
5.If you feel the milk is less warm some more milk and knead or can use warm water also.
6.Now cover it with a wet cloth and keep for rising for 1 to 1½ hrs.
7.After rising punch down the dough and keep for 10 mins.
8.Now roll the whole dough on a floured surface into 1/2 inch thickness.Shape out the donuts with a donut cutter or a round shaped bowl or glass.The middle hole can be shaped out with a bottle lid.Continue the same with the left over cut pieces.




















9.Now the middle cut outs are munchkins which can be fried.
10.Now keep this shaped out donut in floured surface for another 45 mins to 1 hr for rising.Now the climate here is so hot that I didn’t needed more than 45 mins to the donuts to get the double size.
11.Now in a frying pan fill half portion with oil for frying.
12.Start with munchkins to see the heat of the oil.We should maintain the heat of the oil.The oil should not be so hot that the donuts will get brown so fast and the inner portion will not be cooked.So keep the flame always in medium.
13.Now start frying the donuts slowly till light brown color appears.
14.Drain out the excess oil.
15.Now for glazing mix icing sugar with milk and butter.Make two half of this in one half mix cocoa powder other half leave plain.And keep some icing sugar as it is.
16.Now coat icing sugar all over some donuts.Dip some donuts in plain glazing.
Dip some in chocolate glazing.You can even melt some cooking chocolate with milk and dip some donuts in that too.
17.Enjoy donuts with a hot coffee!!!!!!!!
`


This goes to akila's event DNSW:D



8 comments:

Afsal_ Alif said...

I liked the Quote -'The Three Musketeers', though I didn't understaand what a Munchkin is ?!.

Fajeeda said...

the small balls which we get frm the middle of the donuts when we shape the donuts........its called munchkins....

Afsal_ Alif said...

Thank You.....!!

tharif said...

REALLY I AM PROUD OF U FAJI ,

WE WILL PRAY FOR U AND UR FAMILY

ALL THE BEST

ZEENU THARIF

Fajeeda said...

thanx tarif and zeenu............thanx a lot........

KrithisKitchen said...

Hi, This one is good...

Fajeeda said...

thanx kirthi........

Sabina said...

Superb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...